Title: Speaker Series: Featuring NASA Astronaut & SpaceX Top Advisor: Dr. Garrett Reisman
Date: Thursday, April 29th
Time: 4:00 pm ET
Duration: 1 hour
Please join Microsoft, WWT, and Commvault as we host former NASA astronaut and top SpaceX Advisor - Dr. Garrett Reisman.
Don’t miss the chance to hear from one of the leading astronauts who is making commercial space flight possible at SpaceX. Dr. Reisman will talk about leadership, grit, and determination related to his experiences in space (and what it’s like to train for space underwater), what it really takes to be an astronaut and an insider's view of spacewalks and orbiting the Earth. Plus, you’ll have the chance to ask him anything you’ve wanted to know about space travel!
In 2008, Garrett Reisman took his first space flight aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour- alongside was grad school friend - Bob Behnken. Many years later, the duo would go on to work together on SpaceX's Commerical Crew Program- Behnken for NASA and Reisman for SpaceX. The rest is history (well, not quite)!
Some highlights about Dr. Reisman:
- Selected by NASA as a mission specialist Astronaut in 1998.
- In 2008, went on his first mission and spent 95 days aboard the International Space Station after which he returned to Earth aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery.
- 2010, his second mission was aboard the Space Shuttle Atlantis.
- Has performed 3 spacewalks, operated the Space Station Robot Arm, and was a flight engineer aboard the Space Shuttle.
- In 2011, he was recruited by Elon Musk to join SpaceX and help them prepare for human spaceflight as the Director of Space Operations.
- Currently, he is a Professor of Astronautical Engineering at USC and a Senior Advisor at SpaceX.